Tuesday 5 June 2012

No lifts yet

 

So with no lifts open until the weekend, we've been doing a bit of chalet preparation, and since the rain has subsided, I went for a long walk today. From the top of Lac de Montriond, I went up via the the Cascades d'ardent and the old mines. I was convinced to crawl through right to the back and I'm glad I did, the walls shimmer a metallic bronze colour, I'm presuming copper (as a geologist, is that something I ought to know for sure?).


It was pretty spectacular. I went up past Les Lindarets, there's still a lot of snow up on the mountains up there though I'm sure it won't last long. Hopefully over the next few days we will be doing some digging on the new track under the Super Morzine lift that has been desperately needed for many years!

2 comments:

  1. Yes as a geologist you should know these things! Mum X

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the lifts are not working you will just have to push the bike up, that will get you fit!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete