Friday 2 July 2010

Chatel Mountain Style: Friday Practise



I headed over to the Chatel Mountain Style course ('the face') to watch the riders practise for the weekend's events. Managed to see quite a few pros - Semenuk, Bearclaw, Zink, Kinrade, and others. They all seemed quite pleased with how insane the course has become.

No one hit the biggest drop at the top, perhaps because it was slightly windy, or perhaps because it is so enormous, but plenty hit the old drop, which lead into a huge step up. I saw some guy (clipped in!) case it big time. Straight away there was an even bigger casualty, a french rider got bucked over a double, leading to what I presume was a broken collar bone. Damn.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's finals, just hopefully the weather won't do what it did today, the ride back from Chatel through a worsening thunderstorm was less than pleasant.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're just watching and not riding. Those guys must be insane.

    ReplyDelete