Sunday 25 July 2010

Champery World Cup: Finals



I only just got to Champery in time to watch the top 18 riders come down, and because of my late arrival, didn't have such an amazing point to watch from. I could just about see the last few big jumps though, and was close to the track so could scream encouragement right into the riders ears.

I was pretty disappointed to miss CG throw down the style, but was in time to see Danny Hart and Brendan get sideways. Peaty was pretty much the only rider to go round the jumps, what's that all about? Anyway, it was brilliant to see the riders hit such huge jumps in the soaking wet.

It was also pretty cool to be around the pros in the pits, with all the posh kit to check out. I even bagged myself a fork pimping kit from the SRAM tent. We hung around to see the podium - team CRC still top team, and Manon Carpenter's cheeky smile, as well as the top 5 men and women - then jumped back in the car to escape before the traffic went bananas.




2 comments:

  1. How come you got to be in the pits with all the pros? Is this one of the perks of your job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you just get to wander round the pits, I didn't go inside many of the stands. But Paul and Alan do know a few pros so we chatted to some of them

    ReplyDelete