Thursday 24 June 2010

BBQ at the tin mines



Yesterday evening we (the guests, Tom, Paul and I) took a trip up past Lake Montriond to some abandoned tin mines and had a BBQ. It was probably the most amazing place I've ever been, perched high on the cliffs, with stunning views and nobody for miles around.

Whilst I got over the excitement of the rocks on the cliff face, we took a quick explore down one of the mine shafts, it was pretty dark! Apparently you can get right down one and into a chamber and the ceiling shimmers. I wasn't really feeling the caving with no torch idea though.

The BBQ was epic, loads of merguez sausages went down a treat, but the mega special something was the fillet steaks that Ben and James cooked on a slate in the campfire. As the sun set, we realised we had to climb back down and get through the woods in the dark...



1 comment:

  1. Actually it's mum but it won't let me post a comment unless I'm anonymous. The BBQ looks awesome and I can just taste those merguez!

    ReplyDelete