Wednesday 11 July 2012

La Clusaz


Yesterday I drove over to see my family who are staying in La Clusaz. The drive over was pretty epic, over Col de Colombiere. It doesn't go particularly high, about 1600m, but it certainly feels it as the road winds up. It's super steep (the sign says 12%) and my advice would be take a bigger engine! 2nd gear a fair amount of the time on the way up. And go steady on the brakes on the way down!

As for the riding, I rode with my brother which was cool, don't get to ride with him as much as when we were younger. La Clusaz was our first taste of Alpine mountain biking back when I was about 15. Unfortunately, they appeared to be building a new lift, and so only one side of town was open. The track itself has a few different lines down and is mostly rough, rocky and fast but does have some decent rooty lines and tight switchbacks. There's also a 'north shore' area. The main track does have a rope bridge though, which is the dodgiest thing ever to ride over!

Weather is sunny again in Morzine, but not quite as hot as it has been. Tracks are running dry and dusty!

No comments:

Post a Comment