Monday 17 September 2012

Back Home Now



It's all over, I'm back in lovely England. My last week in Morzine incorporated a little bit of last minute riding the steeps on Pleney, followed by some solid cleaning, a thunderstorm, and a delightfully lonely drive back. The weather was a bit different too, it became pretty cold, with plenty of snow on the peaks.

The season has been great, riding has been awesome. Here's a few of my bests and worsts:

Best tracks: Da Trail, Hattock, Chatel Blackshore, Gueps, Dre dans le Pentu, Run of the Mill, probably more...
Best place to ride: Super Morzine/Zore tracks
Worst place to ride: Les Gets!
Best crash: Tackling a tree somewhere down a track on Pleney, good laugh
Worst crash: That one from the beginning of the season, look back through my blog for the pictures. That hurt
Best new thing I rode: Tie between Champery WC track and the step up in chatel, I was chuffed with both of them
Worst braking bumps: Chaux Fleurie track - it eventually got closed it was so bad!
Best braking bumps (smoothest track!): Pleney blue! But the Zore tracks got plenty of maintenance and were usually good too
Best road driven: Col de Colombiere
Best moment: How can I choose?!
Worst moment: Climbing Roc d'Enfer

So I guess that's all from me. I hope everyone has enjoyed my blog and/or found it helpful, it's extremely unlikely I'll be in Morzine for another season, so this is MarkInMorzine signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment