Friday 27 August 2010

Better weather and BBQs


The weather decided to stop mucking me about on wednesday, and after some dampness on tuesday, lead to rather favourable trail conditions. The wet weather lately has meant there is some added roughness to most of the tracks though.

It was possibly that roughness that lead to a few failures on my bike - spokes, mech, chain and probably other faults. Trying to jump into a few corners that I'd usually hop in and out of lead to some pretty harsh bottom outs and some hairy moments where there are now just giant holes. But nevermind, the Morzine Mountainbike Mechanics sorted me out once again!

So I've spent a bit of hard earned and ordered myself some new rims and a straight chainring to make my bike look prettier when I get home. Talking of which, I have just over a week left here. It rained today, and tomorrow looks to be rainy too. Next week looks set to be cold. Nevermind.

We also took a trip up to Lac de Montriond for a BBQ and a big fire which was good, if a little cold, and our BBQing skills leave something to be desired. Paul's lighting skills however, were spot on.

Also, bit of a plug here, but girls, ride your bikes!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photo - didn't look like that when we were there!

    ReplyDelete