Saturday 26 May 2012

I'm back!

Or at least I will be in a week. Getting pretty excited to be out in the mountains again. Preparation has been expensive, breakdown cover in particular, but I didn't want to risk it, and it costs what it costs. I also need a more up to date banner at the top of the blog, that's something else to add to my long to do list.

First things first, no longer on a patriot, moved on to a rocky mountain slayer SS. Not sure if slopestyle is quite what it's best at, but then I'm not sure downhill (which is essentially what I'll be doing on it) is quite spot on either. Maybe it's one of those mythical 'freeride' bikes. Or something. All I know is, where I ride in the UK, it's damn fun. However, I've made it a little more Alps friendly. A new headset from Works Components went on today giving me a slacker headangle. According to a posh phone, it's now at 63.8 degrees. This coupled with the longer wheelbase should make it a bit more stable at speed, and a bit less scary on the steep stuff. I also raised the bar height a little, cos that's what the pros did at Champery, and I want to be like them. Anyways here she is:




Blogspot has changed a little since 2010, but I reckon I can get to grips with it. Hopefully this year I'll get a few more videos, plenty more pictures, as well as my usual ramblings. See you in a week Morzine!

No comments:

Post a Comment